Insurance Wellness Programs & Silver Sneakers
The Emporia Recreation Wellness Center is continuing our partnership with SilverSneakers and Prime Fitness from Tivity Health as well as Silver&Fit and Active&Fit from ASH (American Specialty Health). We have also added Renew Active by UnitedHealthcare, the only plans with the AARP name. These partnerships involve a health, exercise and wellness program including:
• Access to our membership amenities such as our Wellness Center and Walking Track
• Admittance to Fitness Classes including Aquatics and Lap Swimming
• Participation in Indoor Sports like Pickleball, Racquetball, Open Gym and Table Tennis
Most importantly, your membership is available at no cost to you through certain participating health plans. In the Kansas area, there are three healthcare providers for Tivity Health programs: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, Aetna and Humana United Healthcare. For the ASH programs, Cigna Healthcare is the provider in this area. Renew Active is a viable option for those with UnitedHealthcare and AARP.
We recommend you contact your health care provider to gain information on these programs today.
Silver Sneakers Tuition Rewards
Your workouts can add up to big savings with Silver Sneakers and Tuition Rewards. As a Silver Sneakers member, you can save thousands of dollars on tuition for your loved ones, simply by working out at the Emporia Recreation Center. It’s easy and free when you sign up for Tuition Rewards. Savings is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Here’s how:
1. Sign up for Tuition Rewards at silversneakers.tuitionrewards.com. You’ll earn 1,000 Tuition Rewards Points just for signing up for a Tuition Rewards account. That’s a guaranteed minimum of at least $1,000!
2. Add students. Add children, grandchildren or another student in your extended family as the beneficiaries of your Tuition Rewards Points. Students between birth and August 31 prior to their senior year of high school are eligible.
3. Visit the Emporia Recreation Center. For every month you visit 7 times or more, Silver Sneakers will add 250 Tuition Rewards Points to your account. That’s $250 in tuition savings each month, just for working out.