Emporia Recreation Rental Guide
Contact the Emporia Recreation Center during office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm ) at 620-340-6300 or email email@example.com for rental information. For full facility rental, please click the tab below to fill out the online request form. For Jones Aquatic Center Rentals, call 620-340-6400 starting on opening day. For JAC rental info, click here.
- After-Hours Full Facility Rental
- Community Room
- Conference Room
- ERC Indoor Pool Party
- Jones Aquatic Center Rentals
After-Hours Facility Rental
- Rental Fees with Indoor Pool:
- 3- hour facility rental/3-hour indoor pool rental: $365.00
- 3-hour facility rental/2-hour indoor pool rental: $325.00
- Rental Fees without Indoor Pool:
- 3-hour facility rental/no indoor pool rental: $250.00
- $100 Refundable Deposit required
Rental request forms (link below) must be completed and deposit received (4) weeks prior to rental date. ERC requires (10) days to confirm rental request. Signed contract and payment in full is due two weeks prior to rental. All cancellations within two weeks of your rental date will result in loss of all payments including deposit. Deposit will be returned in full after rental if no damages or no excessive cleaning is required. Rental is only available after-hours and will be based on facility and staff availability. ERC programs have first priority. All rental rules apply. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
ERC Community Room
- $15.00/kitchen (one-time charge)
- $75.00 refundable deposit
The Community Room will accommodate 30 people for any meeting or small party. An attached kitchen makes the room convenient to hold reunions, showers and more.
Available during facility hours only and approved based on staff availability. Deposit required to reserve. Payment balance is due two weeks prior to rental date. Deposit will be returned in full after rental if no damages or no excessive cleaning is required. All cancellations within two weeks of your rental date will result in loss of all payments including deposit. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Tables and chairs are provided, but renter must set-up and tear down. The Emporia Recreation Center will allot 15 minutes before and after rental to set-up and tear down tables and chairs.
Community room usage: No soliciting groups (example: any Multi-level Marketing sales, private sales, etc.). Fundraising groups are up to the discretion of the director.
$25.00 refundable deposit
Capacity: 12 people
The Conference Room will accommodate 12 people for any meeting. The room has access to WiFi and counter space. Deposit required to reserve.
A minimum of two weeks advance notice is required and payment in full is due two weeks prior to event date. Payment balance is due two weeks prior to rental date. Deposit will be returned in full after rental if no damages or no excessive cleaning is required. All cancellations within two weeks of your rental date will result in loss of all payments including deposit. Conference table and chairs are provided. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
ERC Indoor Pool Party
Pool Capacity: 50 people
$50.00/hour for up to 25 swimmers Additional $20.00 for up to 50 swimmers
Includes: Admission, Viewing Room During the Party and 1 hour before or after, exclusive use of pool from 1:00 - 2:00pm
Reservations only available on Saturdays
Payment is due in full at reservation. Reservation must be made at least two weeks in advance. All cancellations within two weeks of your rental date will result in loss of full payment. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
ERC Indoor Pool Guidelines
- ERC swimming pools should only be used when a certified lifeguard is on duty.
- All children 6 years old and under must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times in the facility.
- Persons with open cuts or wounds are not permitted in the swimming pool.
- Please shower before entering the swimming pool.
- Swimmers must have appropriate swim attire.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the pool area.
- Glass is not permitted in the pool area.
- Please obey all lifeguard instructions.
- Running is not allowed.
- Horseplay is prohibited.
- Dunking, riding on shoulder, and “tossing” other guests is prohibited.
- Anyone wanting to use the diving board must be able to swim to the side by themselves. Swimmers may be asked to perform a water competency screening to determine the use of the diving board.
- Diving is only permitted in the deep end.
- Diving area must be clear before using the diving board.
- Inward/Cutaways/Gainers and any other dives deemed unsafe by ERC Aquatics staff are not permitted.
- All children in a flotation device or non-swimmers must be within arms’ reach of an adult at all times.
- Floatation devices are not allowed in the deep end unless being used during deep water workout.
- Anyone not potty trained must wear a swim diaper or plastic pants (disposable diapers are not permitted.)
- Ladders/Steps/Stairs are for entering/exiting the pool. Hanging or playing on ladder/steps/stairs is prohibited
- All valuables should be locked in a locker.
- Tobacco/Vapor Cigarettes/Alcohol/Drugs are prohibited. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at least 20’ from the Emporia Recreation Center entrance.
- Public intoxication is not allowed.
- Public nudity is not allowed.
$25.00/hour (1 hour minimum)
$75.00 refundable deposit
All gym rentals require approval of the Sports Department and will be based on gym and staff availability. ERC programs have first priority over rentals. Equipment requests must be made at time of rental and must be approved. Deposit required to reserve. Payment balance is due two weeks prior to rental date. Deposit will be returned in full after rental if no damages or no excessive cleaning is required. All cancellations within two weeks of your rental date will result in loss of all payments including deposit. No food or drink is allowed in the gymnasium. No tables or chairs.
Can I bring/serve alcoholic beverages at the ERC?
Alcohol is NOT permitted at the Emporia Recreation Center. If found, the party will be shut down and law enforcement will be contacted.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
Deposits are required as listed in the rental guide. If you make your rental payment on time, do not cancel within two weeks of rental date, have no damage and leave the rental space as clean as you found it, our refundable deposit will be returned in full.
Will staff be available?
Staff will be on-site at the Emporia Recreation Center to answer questions but will not be available to help set-up or tear down.
How does scheduling work?
Scheduling is based on first-come, first-served. Emporia Recreation Commission programming takes precedence over outside rentals. Reservations are not confirmed until the appropriate contract and payments have been processed.
Can I bring my own food?
Outside food is allowed in the Community Room and birthday cake, cupcakes and juice boxes are allowed in the Viewing Room during rentals. No food or drink is allowed in the Gymnasium. Outside food is not permitted at the Jones Aquatic Center unless approved by Aquatics Supervisor. Private events require concession rental.
Can I have a sales party at the ERC?
No soliciting groups (ex. any Multi-level Marketing sales, private sales, etc.)Fundraising groups are at the discretion of the Director.