Welcome to Camp Rec!
The Emporia Recreation Center has been approved to host a day camp for Summer of 2020. Our staff is so happy to be able to provide the kids of Emporia a camp-like experience this summer.
Tiffany Barker, Program Supervisor, and her camp staff are here to provide a summer where all kids can take a break from their screens and be active outdoors by working together and having fun in nature. We want to have a safe environment where campers can learn new things, while feeling safe and successful. With our trained staff, we will be practicing social distancing, frequent hand washing, disinfecting areas, checking temperatures upon arrival and face covering when needed. We ask that students not bring items to be shared or played with together to limit exposure. Staff will be disinfecting the items for camp ever few hours. As they run, laugh, smile and play, it’s our hope that campers will learn to have fun in nature and put our core values to everyday use. The Camp Rec Staff are very excited about all of the fun activities that we have planned for these weeks of camp. We are committed to giving our campers the best camp experience by creating lifetime memories that focus on our core values and provide outdoor activities that they will love.
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Weekly registration required
- Registration closes: Friday before start date
- Minimum / maximum participants: 10 / 30 campers
- Fee: $65 per camper
- Location: Peter Pan Park
- Ages 6 years to 12 years
**The Emporia Recreation Commission asks parents to decide what is right for your child at this time. We are working with local and state authorities as well as the Kansas Recreation and Park Association (KRPA) to ensure we comply with the guidelines being put into place to provide the best possible experience for all. However, the ERC cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren)will not become infected with COVID-19.**
|Dates||Age||Reg Opens||Reg Closed||Registration Link (week to week reg required)|
|July 6-10||6 to 12 yrs||June 22||July 1||https://secure.rec1.com/KS/emporia-ks/catalog?filter=c2VhcmNoPTExNTgwMzM=|
|July 13-17||6 to 12 yrs||June 29||July 8||https://secure.rec1.com/KS/emporia-ks/catalog?filter=c2VhcmNoPTExNTgwNTM=|
|July 20-24||-----------||------------||-----------||One week required break|
|July 27-31||6 to 12 yrs||July 13||July 22||https://secure.rec1.com/KS/emporia-ks/catalog?filter=c2VhcmNoPTExNzEyOTg=|
|August 3-7||6 to 12 yrs||July 20th||July 29||https://secure.rec1.com/KS/emporia-ks/catalog?filter=c2VhcmNoPTExNzEzMDU=|
Changes to Registration Process:
In the past, the Emporia Recreation Center has encouraged in-person registration for after-school and summer programs. Due to COVID 19, we are requesting all registration be done online. All required forms will be part of the on-line registration process and payment will be made at that time. If you need to register in-person, please call 620-340-6300 and make an appointment with our front office staff. The ERC is discouraging walk-ins based on COVID 19 procedures we have put in place to insure social distancing and to eliminate pinch points.
See the links in the chart above to begin online registration.
How to register online:
- Click the registration link above.
- Log-in to your account. If you have not registered online before but have registered for activities in the past, enter the email used at the time of registration and click "Forgot Password." Then follow the instructions to set up a password. If you do not remember the email you used, please call the front office to verify the email at 620-340-6300. If you are setting up an account for the first time, click this link to watch a video on how to set up an account.
- Continue registration through completion. If you stop the process before receiving an email receipt, you are not registered. You must complete all forms and make payment to receive a confirmation email receipt. If registration is full, please make sure to get on the waitlist. Click this link to watch a video on how to get on a waitlist.
Need help registering account members online? Watch this video for step-by-step help.
ERC Camp Rec Overview
DROP OFF AND PICK UP TIMES: Our hours of operation are from 9:00am to 4:00pm. For a full day of camp, the recommend drop off time is between 8:45 am to 9:00 am and the recommended pick-up time is between 3:30pm to 4:00pm. We will be located at Peter Pan Park. We will locate to Riverside Elementary if we are having severe weather.
COVID-19 PROCEDURES: Each student will have their temperature checked everyday upon arrival. Frequent hand washing, disinfecting equipment and area frequently, practicing social distancing and face masks are a part of keeping your child safe. Students are not required to wear a mask, but can bring them. Activities will be spread out and outdoors for the safety of students and staff. If your student does not follow the recommendations we are putting in place to insure everyone’s safety, they will not be allowed at camp and be asked to leave immediately .
PAYMENT: You will be required to pay at registration in order to reserve a spot for your child(ren). If you have not made payment, your child does not have a spot.
EMERGENCY/WAIVERS: Campers can not attend camp until the parent/guardians has filled out the emergency contact information and forms for camp. If you registered online or as walk-in, these forms were completed and turned in. If you registered over the phone, these forms have to be turned in to the Emporia Recreation Center prior to the camp start date. Please be advised that our evening and weekend hours are limited at this time.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP:
- Campers need to bring sunscreen and have a water bottle every day.
- Old closed-toe shoes(tennis shoes) or sandals.
- Old clothes that can get dirty, (appropriate for the weather)
- Hat for hot and sunny days (optional)
- Swimming suit and towel for Splash Pad or water games.
- Fishing Equipment and bait (we will also have fishing pole if you don’t have one)
LUNCHES/SNACKS: No breakfast will be provided for your students. We will have lunch provided for your student every day along with an afternoon snack, except on the week of August 3-7. Your student will need to bring a sack lunch the last week of camp.