What is your credit/refund procedure?

ERC Credit/Refund Procedure

  • No credits or refunds will be issued after the activity/program registration close date. If a registrant cancels prior to the close date, a credit will be issued back to registrant’s account. If an activity is cancelled by the Emporia Recreation Commission, a credit will automatically be issued to the registrant’s account.
  • If you prefer a refund, you may request one within 30 days of the account credit date. To request a refund, email sdreasher@emporiarec.org or call 620-340-6300. All approved refund requests will be issued based to original payment-type. No exceptions. Credit card payments will be credited back to the original card within 3-5 business days of request. All check/cash payments will be issued a refund check.

Refund checks will be issued and mailed upon Board approval.

Exception for Youth Sports Only (excludes 3rd party camps/clinics/programs):

  • Registrants can cancel a youth sports activity up to the first meeting date/practice/session (depending on the activity) and still receive a credit to registrant’s account. No refunds will be allowed after the registration close date.
  • Credits after the first meeting date will be at the discretion of the Sports Supervisor.

The Emporia Recreation Center reserves the right to combine activity sessions as needed. The ERC will contact you if an activity is combined. You must notify ERC staff or contact the ERC office to transfer activities or receive credit if you cannot participate in the combined activity session.

 Credits cannot be transferred across accounts but can be used for any registrants under your account. Credits will automatically be applied to your next registration. ERC cannot hold credits.

Show All Answers

1. Why are some activities not eligible for the youth free/reduced program?
2. What is your credit/refund procedure?
3. How can I hold a spot in an activity for my child?
4. How do I know if an activity is cancelled or rained out?
5. How do I get copies of my tax receipts?