ERC Credit/Refund Procedure
• No credits or refunds will be issued after the activity/program registration close date. If a registrant cancels prior to the close date, a credit will be issued back to registrant’s account. If an activity is cancelled by the Emporia Recreation Commission, a credit will automatically be issued to the registrant’s account.
• If you prefer a refund, you may request one within 30 days of the account credit date. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-340-6300. All approved refund requests will be issued based to original payment-type. No exceptions. Credit card payments will be credited back to the original card within 3-5 business days of request. All check/cash payments will be issued a refund check. Refund checks will be issued and mailed upon Board approval.
Exception for Youth Sports Only (excludes 3rd party camps/clinics/programs):
• Registrants can cancel a youth sports activity up to the first meeting date/practice/session (depending on the activity) and still receive a credit to registrant’s account. No refunds will be allowed after the registration close date.
• Credits after the first meeting date will be at the discretion of the Sports Supervisor.
The Emporia Recreation Center reserves the right to combine activity sessions as needed. The ERC will contact you if an activity is combined. You must notify ERC staff or contact the ERC office to transfer activities or receive credit if you cannot participate in the combined activity session.
Credits cannot be transferred across accounts but can be used for any registrants under your account. Credits will automatically be applied to your next registration. ERC cannot hold credits.
ERC Youth Fee Waiver Scholarships
Fee Waiver Scholarships are available for designated activities and programs at the Emporia Recreation
Center. The Emporia Recreation Center will follow the guidelines used by USD 253 to determine scholarship eligibility. Only designated activities qualify for Fee Waiver. See activity description for designations.
Eligibility is determined for students who reside in the USD 253 school district as follows:
• Free lunches = 75% discount for each activity*
• Reduced lunches = 50% discount for each activity*
*Tackle Football, Youth Soccer, Spring Break Camp, Science Camp and Camp Wilson have specific waiver discounts. See activity description for discount information on those activities.
- Kindergarten through tenth grade may qualify for a fee waiver.
- If you currently have an eligibility letter on file from the 2020/2021 school year, we will continue your eligibility for a fee waiver through August 2022.
- If you are newly eligible, a copy of your 2022/2023 Food Service Eligibility letter must be on file with the ERC prior to activity registration to receive the scholarship.
-Email to email@example.com
-Mail to Emporia Recreation Center, 313 West 4th Avenue, Emporia, KS 66801
-Walk-in during office hours
(To obtain a copy of your eligibility letter, contact USD 253 Food Services at 620-341-2382.) No refunds will be issued for fee waiver discounts after registration is complete.
Early Bird Registrations
Register by the Early Bird date and you will save $10 off the regular fee. This Early Bird discount applies to resident, non-resident* and fee waiver registrations. Early Bird Discounts are only available on some activities. See activity descriptions for eligibility. *Excludes Tackle Football
The Emporia Recreation Commission will follow all mandates from the City of Emporia and Lyon County in reference to COVID-19, social distancing and mask wearing for all events, programs and facilities coordinated by the ERC. We will work closely with Lyon County Public Health to insure we are executing necessary COVID-19 protocols to protect our patrons, our youth and our community.