Early Bird Registrations
Register by the Early Bird date and you will save $5 off the regular fee. This Early Bird discount applies to resident, non-resident and fee waiver registrations. Early Bird Discounts are only available on some activities. See individual activity descriptions for eligibility.
ERC REFUND POLICY
If an activity is cancelled by ERC:
1. A credit will be issued to the registrant’s account. Credits can not be transferred across accounts but can be used for any participants under your account. Credits will automatically be applied to your next registration. We cannot hold credits. The credit will remain on your account for one year.
2. If you prefer a refund, you may request one within 30 days of the account credit date. Email the ERC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-340-6300 to request a refund.
3. All approved refund requests will be issued based on original payment-type. No exceptions. Credit card payments will be credited back to the original card within 3-5 business days of request. All check/cash payments will be issued a refund check. The refund check can be picked up or mailed on the third Thursday of the month.
• The Emporia Recreation Center reserves the right to combine activity sessions as needed. The ERC will contact you if an activity is combined. You must notify ERC staff or contact the ERC office to transfer activities or receive credit if you can not participate in the combined activity session.
• NO credits or refunds will be issued after the activity/practice start date for any reason.
ERC YOUTH FEE WAIVER SCHOLARSHIPS
Fee Waiver Scholarships are available for designated activities and programs at the Emporia Recreation Center. The Emporia Recreation Center will follow the guidelines used by USD 253 to determine the qualifications for free or reduced price meals to assess scholarship eligibility.
• Those who reside in the USD 253 school district and are enrolled in kindergarten through tenth grade may qualify for a fee waiver.
• All fee waiver participants are limited to six activities per year (August through July.)
• Your 2020/2021 Food Service Eligibility letter must be on file at time of registration to receive the discount. Letters expire on July 31. Activities after July 31 require a 2021/2022 letter on file.
• You can email or mail a copy to the ERC prior to activity registration or bring in eligibility letter when registering in person.
— Email: email@example.com
— Mail to Emporia Recreation Center, 313 West 4th Ave, Emporia, KS 66801
• To obtain a current copy of your eligibility letter, contact USD 253 Food Services at 620-341-2382.
• No refunds will be issued for fee waiver discounts after registration is complete.
Scholarships for eligible activities are as follows:
Free lunches = 75% discount for each activity*
Reduced lunches = 50% discount for each activity*
*Tackle Football, Youth Soccer and Camp Wilson have specific waiver discounts. See activity description for discount information on those activities.
The Emporia Recreation Commission will follow all mandates from the City of Emporia and Lyon County in reference to COVID-19, social distancing and mask wearing for all events, programs and facilities coordinated by the ERC. We will work closely with Lyon County Public Health to insure we are executing necessary COVID-19 protocols to protect our patrons, our youth and our community.