4202 W. 18th Avenue 620.340.6400 Opening Day May 27, 2017
Start your summer off right with us! Swim for regular price on Opening Day and receive a coupon for a half price swim redeemable any one day of the 2017 summer. Time: Noon – 8:00 pm
Regular Hours: Monday to Thursday – Noon to 6:00 pm Friday to Sunday – Noon to 8:00pm Final Day August 13- 12 to 3pm Twilight Swim Join us on Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 pm at Jones Aquatic Center for Twilight Swim! Adults: $2.50 Youth: $1.50
Monday-Sunday – Adults $5.00(16 & Over) Youth $3.00 (4 – 15)
Children 3 and under free with a paid adult admission. All children 10 years of age and under must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
Discount cards will expire at end of season.
Toddler Splash Days Bring your childcare group out for some fun in the sun! This program is geared to the younger kids and we open the splashpad just for them.
Monday- Thursday June 19 – June 29 10:30am – 11:30am July 10 – August 3 9:30-11:30-am $1.50 anyone 4 yrs -adult – kids 3 and under FREE
JAC Lap Swimming/River Walk starts May 30 Get you blood pumping by walking against the current in the lazy river or swimming laps in the main pool. Lane availability may be limited during swim lessons.
Mon-Thurs May 30-August 10 6:30-7:30 p.m. Fee: $1.50 drop-in or $30 Punch Card (22 punches) No Class July 4 Mon-Thurs June 19-Aug 3 10:30-11:30am Fee: $1.50 drop-in or $30 Punch Card (22 punches) No Class July 3-6
Birthday Parties and Group Prices Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance. Birthday cake and juice boxes are allowed inside JAC. No other food or drinks allowed. Call JAC at 340-6400 to schedule a birthday party. May 27-August 12
Monday – Thursday: 1:00-3:00pm or 3:30-5:30pm Friday – Sunday: 1:00-3:00pm, 3:30-5:30pm or 6:00-8:00pm
Basic Party: $30 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Reserved tables on covered patio
- Balloons and Birthday Banner
- Ice Cream cups for kids
- PA recognition
- Free admission for 2 adults and 1 child
Pizza Party: $45 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Basic Party plus 2 large pizzas (cheese or pepperoni)
- $8 /additional pizza
Hot Dog Party: $45 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Basic Party plus 20 hotdogs and chips
- $1 / additional hotdog and chips
Day Groups: 25 and over $1.50 per child, Adults $2.50. Call the Jones Aquatic Center for more details at 340-6400. Participants who cannot swim are asked to stay in zero-depth area unless with an adult. Adult to child ratio is 1:5 for children 7 and under.
Jones Aquatic Center is available to the public after hours for private parties. The outdoor pool and slides can be rented out for birthdays, family reunions, or scout group events. For more information before the season call Emporia Recreation 620-340-6300 or Jones Aquatic Center during the season 620-340-6400.
Hours for Rentals: Monday – Sunday 8:00 pm – Midnight
Option 1 – Main Pool Only $300/ 2 Hours, Each addl. hour $150
Option 2 – Entire Facility $420/2 Hours, Each addl. hour $210
- Contracts must be signed and $100 deposit paid at least 2 weeks in advance to hold the facility. This deposit will go towards your final payment.
Aquatics Adventure Camp June 12-16: The SuperGuards at JAC will be providing kids a Super Fun, refreshing summer experience. Campers will spend the morning at the pool splashing in the water, playing games, learning aquatic skills, and discussing water safety. This is open to ages 4 and older. Different ages and skills will be grouped accordingly for different activities. Snacks, project supplies, swimming instruction, water, and fun will all be provided. Please bring a water bottle, towel, and extra clothing. Time: 8:30-11:30 am Registration Closes: May 25 Fee: $50
Father’s Day Swim June 19 Noon – 5pm Dads swim FREE with paid child admission
4th of July Swim Noon – 6pm July 4th Adults-$2.50 Children-$1.50
Summer League Splash We want to thank you for participating in our youth baseball and softball leagues. If you are on an ERC roster, you can swim for free. Your family is welcome, but will pay regular price. Date: August 1 Time: 12:00 – 6:00 pm Location: Jones Aquatic Center Fee: All ERC youth players Free
Final Fiesta August 13 12 to 3pm Swim FREE
Sunset Regatta Saturday, July 8 7:15 p.m. Boat Registration, 7:30 Races Begin
Test your creative powers and ingenuity. The annual JAC Boat Regatta gives you the opportunity to create, design, and race your own cardboard boat. All boats must be constructed of cardboard and duct tape only, including oars and accessories. Prizes will be awarded. Fee: Free unless swimming
Evening Luau Saturday, July 8 6:00-8:00pm It’s a Staycation with an element of Hawaii! You don’t have to leave the area to enjoy a luau. The JAC staff will provide a scenic Hawaiian setting while you participate in some swimming games and activities. Hawaiian music and snacks will enhance your poolside getaway. Fee: Twilight Admission
Shark Week June 26- June 30 Celebrate Shark Week at the JAC. Each day we will have some shark based trivia and random shark facts. Shark bait specials will be available in the concessions stands. Shark sightings may occur. Monday- Friday, June 26-30 All Day Fee: Pool Admission
JAC loves Show some support for some local charities and you will be rewarded. Each day, bring a donation for the listed charity and you will receive a free hot dog or sno cone from the concession stand. Regular admission fee applies.
Tuesday, June 13: Food Bank Donation-Canned or Non-Perishable Food Tuesday, July 11: SOS Donation-Personal Hygiene or Toiletry Donations Tuesday, Aug. 1: Humane Society Donation-Toys, Food, Blankets
SuperJac Kids Triathlon Saturday, July 22 Part Aqua Man. Part Batman. Part Flash. All mixed into one for an extraordinary race. Participants, ages 9-14, are invited to be the ultimate superhero in this race of swimming, biking, and running. Superheroes will be divided into 3 age divisions: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14. (Age on race day.) Winners will receive the ultimate Superhero cape. All participants will receive a t-shirt. Time: 9:00-11:00 a.m. Registration closes: July 17 Fee: $30
Rubber Ducky Race Saturday, August 5 @ 1:30pm Let the feathers fly! They have been training all year. Now, it’s time to test their speed. Race your very own rubber duck in the annual JAC Rubber Ducky Race. Trained ducks are available for purchase at the pool beginning in August. Prizes will be awarded. 1:30 Duck Registration 2:00 p.m. Race Fee: $2/duck plus admission fee
Fun Fridays at JAC Join us for an evening of fun and creativity at the pool! Once a month, let the parents have a date night while you have a blast making some cool art projects, eating pizza, playing games and swimming! Bring a towel, wear your suit, and let the lifeguards entertain you! If the weather is poor, classes will be moved to the indoor pool. Fee: $8/day For kids ages 6-12 Friday, June 16 5:30-7:30 p.m. Registration Closes June 13 Fee: $8 Friday, July 21 5:30-7:30 p.m. Registration Closes July 18 Fee: $8 Friday, Aug. 4 5:30-7:30 p.m. Registration Closes Aug. 1 Fee: $8
Pooch Plunge This is an opportunity for your furry friend to enjoy the pool with all of their friends. All dogs must be vaccinated and under their owner’s control. We will turn our pool over to the dogs for an afternoon of canine water fun! Fee: $3 per dog Date: August 13 Time: 3:30-5:00pm
Location: Jones Aquatic Center
Dogs only, no other pets
Dogs must be at least six months old
All dogs must have all current vaccinations – including Bordatella
Female dogs in heat are not allowed
Unruly participants will be asked to leave
Owners must be in control of pet(s) at all times
No children under 18 years of age allowed in the water, NO EXCEPTIONS
Adults may only enter water up to hip-depth
Pet owners will be provided with plastic bags at admission, please practice pet etiquette and clean up after your dog and dispose of the bag.
Dogs are allowed only in the main pool; they are not allowed on the diving board.
We encourage dogs to be leashed when not in the pool.
Jones Aquatic Center will close if one or both of the following criteria occurs.
The air temperature is below 75 degrees at the time of opening or inclement severe weather is in the area
If the air temperature reaches 75 degrees or higher by 3:00 pm the pools will open at 3:00. Hold on to your receipt. If the pool closes, due to inclement weather, within 30 minutes of time on your receipt, you will receive a coupon for a free swim at a later date upon leaving. Not valid if pool re-opens and you are still present.
- All children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times in the facility
- All children in flotation devices must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times (or non-swimmers)
- Children in flotation devices are not permitted in the diving area or the slides
- Height requirement for the yellow JAC slide is 48” .
- Height requirement for the blue slide is 42” tall. Patrons under 42” tall may ride the blue slide with a guardian 16 years of age or older
- Metallic items (buttons, zipper, rivets, etc.), jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, rings, wedding bands, etc.), sunglasses, goggles, and accessories of any kind are not permitted on the slides
- Everyone must enter and ride slides feet first on their backs and maintain proper body position the entire time
- Stopping in the middle of the slide is prohibited
- Everybody in the lazy river must remain in a tube at all times, unless accompanying small riders
- One diver on diving board or steps at a time
- Inward/Cutaway dives and any other dives deemed unsafe by the Aquatics staff are not permitted
- Dive straight- diving to either side of the diving board is not permitted
- Goggles, jewelry, toys or restrictive devices that could cause injury are not permitted in diving area
- Horseplay on tubes, gator, equipment is prohibited
- Hanging on basketball rims or ropes is prohibited
- Dunking, riding on shoulders, and “tossing” other patrons is prohibited
- Outside food and drinks are strictly prohibited
- All food and drink must be kept in the concession area for sanitary reasons
- JAC is a tobacco/alcohol/drug free facility
- Running is strictly prohibited in all areas of the facility
- Please consider appropriate swim attire for the family environment at the JAC
- Only swim attire can be worn in the pool, on the slides, and in the lazy river (no cut-off khakis or jeans, sport bras, etc).