4202 W. 18th Avenue 620.340.6400 We open at 12:00pm on Saturday May 26!
Regular Hours: Monday to Thursday – Noon to 6:00 pm Friday to Sunday – Noon to 8:00pm Final Day August 19- 12 to 3pm Twilight Swim Join us on Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 pm at Jones Aquatic Center for Twilight Swim! Adults: $2.50 Youth: $1.50
Monday-Sunday – Adults $5.00(16 & Over) Youth $3.00 (4 – 15)
Children 3 and under free with a paid adult admission. All children 10 years of age and under must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
Discount cards will expire at end of season.
Toddler Splash Days Bring your childcare group out for some fun in the sun! This program is geared to the younger kids and we open the splashpad just for them.
Monday- Thursday June 18 – June 28 10:00am – 11:30am July 9 – August 2 9:30-11:30am $1.50 for anyone 4 yrs -adult, kids 3 and under FREE
Aqua Beat at JAC: Sun, fun, water, and exercise. Participants in this class will enjoy all four with our Aqua Beat classes at the Jones Aquatic Center. Saturdays June 2-August 18 10:00-10:45am Fee: $3.00 drop-in ERC Class Passes are not honored at Jones Aquatic Center
JAC Lap Swimming/River Walking: Get you blood pumping by walking against the current in the lazy river or swimming laps in the main pool. Lane availability may be limited during swim lessons. Mon-Thurs May 29-August 15 6:30-7:30 p.m. Fee: $1.50 drop-in or $30 Punch Card (22 punches-expire at the end of season) No Class July 4 Mon-Thurs June 18-Aug 2 10:30-11:30am Fee: $1.50 drop-in or $30 Punch Card (22 punches-expire at the end of season) No Class July 2-5
Birthday Parties and Group Prices Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance. Birthday cake and juice boxes are allowed inside JAC. No other food or drinks allowed. Call JAC at 340-6400 to schedule a birthday party. May 26-August 18 Monday – Thursday: 1:00-3:00pm or 3:30-5:30pm Friday – Sunday: 1:00-3:00pm, 3:30-5:30pm or 6:00-8:00pm
Basic Party: $30 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Reserved tables on covered patio
- Balloons and Birthday Banner
- Ice Cream cups for kids
- PA recognition
- Free admission for 2 adults and 1 child
Pizza Party: $45 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Basic Party plus 2 large pizzas (cheese or pepperoni)
- $8 /additional pizza
Hot Dog Party: $45 (paid when reserved) and $1.50 per child (paid at gate)
- Basic Party plus 20 hotdogs and chips
- $1 / additional hotdog and chips
Day Groups: 25 and over $1.50 per child, Adults $2.50. Call the Jones Aquatic Center for more details at 340-6400. Participants who cannot swim are asked to stay in zero-depth area unless with an adult. Adult to child ratio is 1:5 for children 7 and under.
Private Parties Jones Aquatic Center is available to the public after hours for private parties. The outdoor pool and slides can be rented out for birthdays, family reunions, or scout group events. For more information before the season call Emporia Recreation 620-340-6300 or Jones Aquatic Center during the season 620-340-6400.
Hours for Rentals: Monday – Sunday 8:00 pm – Midnight
Option 1 – Main Pool Only $300/ 2 Hours, Each addl. hour $150
Option 2 – Entire Facility $420/2 Hours, Each addl. hour $210
- Contracts must be signed and $100 deposit paid at least 2 weeks in advance to hold the facility. This deposit will go towards your final payment.
Swim Emporia Let’s take a swim around Emporia. The entire area of Emporia is about 12 square miles. 18 laps at the aquatic center (35 at the natatorium) equal about 1 mile. Do you have what it takes to swim the area of Emporia by the end of the summer? Prizes will be awarded for those who hit specific goal markers as well as swimming the entire distance. May 26-Aug. 19 Fee: Free
Aquatics Adventure Camp The SuperGuards at JAC will be providing kids a Super Fun, refreshing summer experience. Campers will spend the morning at the pool splashing in the water, playing games, learning aquatic skills, and discussing water safety. This is open to ages 4 and older. Different ages and skills will be grouped accordingly for different activities. Snacks, project supplies, swimming instruction, water, and fun will all be provided. Please bring a water bottle, towel, and extra clothing. Time: 8:30-11:30 am Registration Closes: May 31 Fee: $50
Father’s Day Swim Dads come swim and celebrate this special day with us. It’s your day out with the kids! There will be games, contests and concession specials. Dads swim for free with with paid child’s admission! Date: June 17 Time: Noon – 8:00 pm Location: Jones Aquatic Center Fee: Dads Free with paid child admission
Picnic at the Pool- Wednesday, July 4 Noon-6:00pm Celebrate Independence Day at the Jones Aquatic Center with friends, family, swimming and a picnic. Bring your picnic basket and all your fixins’ for a fun-filled day. This will be the only day that outside food and beverages will be allowed. Glass containers and alcohol are not allowed.
Final Fiesta Summer is about over and you’re not ready for school to start! How about one more fun day with us? Admission is free and selected concession items will be half price. Come out and enjoy the last day by the pool. Date: August 19 Time: 12:00pm – 3:00 pm Location: JAC Fee: FREE
Shark Week Celebrate Shark Week at the JAC. Each day we will have some shark based trivia and random shark facts. Shark bait specials will be available in the concessions stands. Shark sightings may occur. Monday- Friday, July 23-27 All Day Fee: Pool Admission
Two for Tuesdays (College Days) . Tuesdays are for college students at JAC! College students who bring in a current college ID can get in two people for the price of one. Enjoy your summer and relax at the pool with your friends. Every Tuesday though the summer
Color Wars Celebrate the beginning of summer with this colorful event. Teams will be formed and then the war will begin. Games and activities will ensure that all will be covered with color. Make sure you wear a white shirt and shorts/pants that may get dirty. All activities will be on land, but swimming will be allowed after the war. Fee: $5 Wednesday, June 6 6-8 p.m. Registration closes June 4
Family Fitness Day We are celebrating Family Fitness Day with free lap swimming, river walking, and Aqua Beat for the entire family at the Jones Aquatic Center. Check out our options for your family to stay fit. Fee: Free Saturday, June 9 10-11:30 a.m.
Summer Carnival Step right up and try your luck. We are hosting the inaugural JAC Summer Carnival. Families and friends are invited to play carnival games and win some fun prizes. Games will be water and land based so make sure you wear your suit. Portions of the pool will still be available for swimming. Friday, June 22 5-8 p.m. Fee: Regular Admission
Rubber Ducky Race Let the feathers fly! They have been training all year. Now, it’s time to test their speed. Race your very own rubber duck in the annual JAC Rubber Ducky Race. Trained ducks are available for purchase at the pool beginning in August. Prizes will be awarded. 1:30 Duck Registration 2:00 p.m. Race Fee: $2/duck plus admission fee
Spartan Swim July 13 Grab some friends and PMOYS. This evening will be just for middle school and high school students. There will be swimming, games, and music. #SpartanSwim #BestPartyOfTheSummer Fee: $5 Middle School July 13 7-9 p.m., High School July 13 9-11 p.m.
Back to School Blowout Last party of the summer. Get your swim in before you have to hit the books. Swimming, games, music, and snacks. Turn it up! Fee: $5
Middle School August 17 7-9 p.m. High School August 17 9-11 p.m.
Pooch Plunge This is an opportunity for your furry friend to enjoy the pool with all of their friends. All dogs must be vaccinated and under their owner’s control. We will turn our pool over to the dogs for an afternoon of canine water fun! Fee: $3 per dog Date: August 19 Time: 3:30-5:00pm
Location: Jones Aquatic Center
Dogs only, no other pets
Dogs must be at least six months old
All dogs must have all current vaccinations – including Bordatella
Female dogs in heat are not allowed
Unruly participants will be asked to leave
Owners must be in control of pet(s) at all times
No children under 18 years of age allowed in the water, NO EXCEPTIONS
Adults may only enter water up to hip-depth
Pet owners will be provided with plastic bags at admission, please practice pet etiquette and clean up after your dog and dispose of the bag.
Dogs are allowed only in the main pool; they are not allowed on the diving board.
We encourage dogs to be leashed when not in the pool.
Jones Aquatic Center will close if one or both of the following criteria occurs.
The air temperature is below 75 degrees at the time of opening or inclement severe weather is in the area
If the air temperature reaches 75 degrees or higher by 3:00 pm the pools will open at 3:00. Hold on to your receipt. If the pool closes, due to inclement weather, within 30 minutes of time on your receipt, you will receive a coupon for a free swim at a later date upon leaving. Not valid if pool re-opens and you are still present.
- All children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times in the facility
- All children in flotation devices must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times (or non-swimmers)
- Children in flotation devices are not permitted in the diving area or the slides
- Height requirement for the yellow JAC slide is 48” .
- Height requirement for the blue slide is 42” tall. Patrons under 42” tall may ride the blue slide with a guardian 16 years of age or older
- Metallic items (buttons, zipper, rivets, etc.), jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, rings, wedding bands, etc.), sunglasses, goggles, and accessories of any kind are not permitted on the slides
- Everyone must enter and ride slides feet first on their backs and maintain proper body position the entire time
- Stopping in the middle of the slide is prohibited
- Everybody in the lazy river must remain in a tube at all times, unless accompanying small riders
- One diver on diving board or steps at a time
- Inward/Cutaway dives and any other dives deemed unsafe by the Aquatics staff are not permitted
- Dive straight- diving to either side of the diving board is not permitted
- Goggles, jewelry, toys or restrictive devices that could cause injury are not permitted in diving area
- Horseplay on tubes, gator, equipment is prohibited
- Hanging on basketball rims or ropes is prohibited
- Dunking, riding on shoulders, and “tossing” other patrons is prohibited
- Outside food and drinks are strictly prohibited
- All food and drink must be kept in the concession area for sanitary reasons
- JAC is a tobacco/alcohol/drug free facility
- Running is strictly prohibited in all areas of the facility
- Please consider appropriate swim attire for the family environment at the JAC
- Only swim attire can be worn in the pool, on the slides, and in the lazy river (no cut-off khakis or jeans, sport bras, etc).